Friday, December 17, 2010



Declutter your kitchen

I was getting the house ready for Christmas and things got out of control.  With my large family coming for the holidays I wanted to make the kitchen as efficient as possible.  Since I’m thinking of selling my home it was good time to declutter.  It was also a good excuse to surf the net for ideas.
The kitchen is one of the highlights of a home - whether you`re buying or selling - unless it`s overrun with household items. If you've been thinking of decluttering your kitchen, consider the following tips:
1.      Purge.
It`s believed that most of us use 20% of our kitchen gadgets and utensils 80% of the time. If you have a number of items cluttering your counter-tops and drawers that you haven`t used in a while, consider whether you really need it.
2.       Downsize.
If you only use your food processor for the occasional dip or blended drink, you may want to consider a more compact option - such as an electronic hand blender. I replaced mine with a Magic Bullet.
3.       Look at your storage options in a new light.
If you have a nice set of dishes or cutlery, why not put them on display. This Blog has quite a few creative ideas and I adopted some of them myselfhttp://decork.blogspot.com/2009/02/creative-ways-to-store-dishes.html
A decluttered look may get you a few extra dollars for you home and that means a few less dollars on your next mortgage.  And you know me.... a penny saved is YOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are not only welcomed but encouraged. It is not expected that you will always agree with what I have to say. After all, it's an opinion.