Sunday, February 20, 2011

Oprah Moments....

I'm not sure what it feels like to be Oprah but this has to be close.  Last week we had our client appreciation event and because of these two guys were able to arrange a very special couple of nights at the Bon Jovi concert.


If we did your mortgage and it closed before Feb 14th you were given a couple of tickets and then we had a draw for all our referral sources and supporters.  And yes we gave a few away for charity.  Since the tickets are free we always expect someone will cancel at the last minute.  And this time was no different.  I was at will call waiting for everyone to show up and got a few calls from no shows.  I was standing there thinking of all the people I knew that would have loved to be at the show when I noticed a girl walking away from the ticket counter crying.  I chased her through the crowd and found out she had bought tickets off a web site and they turned out to be fraud.  She was so upset. I grabbed the extra tickets we had and told her she was going to the show.  In one moment she was crying and hugging me and kept asking if I was sure.  She had me crying and I was so thankful I could it for her.  I was really taken back what a small gesture can do for someone.  One of the girls going to the show told me it was an Oprah moment.  Yes we were all crying but the best part.......



 The second night of the show there were quite a few people from twitter coming so one of the people organized a tweet up before the show at Real Sports.  Did I tell you these two tweeters are probably the best thing that ever happened to me and I live in hope they will come and work for me full time. 



One of my clients coming to the show had a big surprise in store.  If you follow this blog you will know this person has had a few ups and downs.  One thing I know for sure is she's a really big Bon Jovi fan.  She insisted on coming to Toronto for the show so we could meet in person and it was wonderful to connect in person.  Like most people you meet on twitter the moment we met it felt like we'd known each other forever.  She joined us at the tweet up and when we went to pick up the tickets I handed them out and told her she wasn't sitting with us.  She was sitting in the front row!  And you know what she said? ......

Yes we were all in tears over her reaction. 

So I don't know what it feels  like to be Oprah but those two events made me very happy.  It was so wonderful to see someone that excited and know you made it happen.  I can't change the world and I can't make endless dreams come true but I could do this.  And I learned a lesson..... if you can make a difference for someone you must.  After all, isn't that what makes the world go around? 

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this so much. Move over Oprah - You've got some competition...Marcy's in the house! You made some people feel amazing. Good on ya girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful that you could make the day of these people! If only we all had Oprah's resources and her generous spirit. The world would be a better place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I Got My Ex Husband Back...........

    I am Shannon by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my husband after three(3) years of marriage just because another woman had a spell on him and he left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address Makospelltemple@yahoo.com , have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a woman had a spell on my husband and he told me that he will help me and after 2 days that i will have my husband back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my husband. Thanks for Dr.Mako. His email: Makospelltemple@yahoo.com OR.His WhatsApp Number:+2347054263874.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are not only welcomed but encouraged. It is not expected that you will always agree with what I have to say. After all, it's an opinion.