Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thank you #SoConnected - One Person Can Make a Difference

Friday night I went to a party.  A "twitter" party to be exact.  Okay, so I really went out to dinner with a girlfriend who was in town  but I was also at the "twitter" party via my blackberry.  At first I was periodically checking in to see what was going on but soon I was addicted and so was my friend.

You see way back when there was an event organized on twitter and from that this very sweet person named @Clippo had an idea for an all inclusive party where anyone could join in.  I must say it was much more fun than the event that inspired #SoConnected.  It went fast and at times it was frustrating but what kept it going was the thoughtful organizational skill of the host.  This was her third twitter party and here's what she did.

She created a twitter name, website and facebook page.  She put together prizes, questions, a hashtag and engaged some techie know hows to keep the flow going.  Questions were coming out, witty answers were popping up on the feed, tweets were tweeting and following and everyone was meeting new people.  There were lots of laughs and lots of prizes.  I was so impressed.  I know there are other twitter parties out there so if you have any suggestions let me know. 

Friday night was fun.  This wonderful gal did all this for no other reason than to get people connected.  There was no corporate sponsor, nothing much in it her for her at all.  Thank goodness for people like @Clippo.  What can I ever do to say thank-you?  Here's one thing I can do.  Here's the link to her website so you can learn more about this great lady and her great business. 

http://www.clippo.ca/

Have a great day everyone. 


3 comments:

  1. And she told two friends, and she told two friends...the power of one! Way to go. Thank you Marcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I missed the last #SoConnected party but I did attend the first! I totally agree, what a great way to use today's social media & to get people connected! @Clippo is fabulous & she's a sweetheart! Can't wait to see what else she thinks up!

    P.S. Her pant clippos are great! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are not only welcomed but encouraged. It is not expected that you will always agree with what I have to say. After all, it's an opinion.