Thursday, January 6, 2011

Your Mortgage is Not a George Foreman Grill!!

If you read my blog post yesterday then you will know it's not always a good idea to break your mortgage contract.  But it's not George Foreman Grill either and you should never "set it and forget it". 

I'm a firm believer in the "annual" review or even more often if it peaks your curiosity.  Serious money saving ideas are more about management than commitment.  If you learn to manage things properly then you will save yourself a ton of money.  So get yourself familiar with the workings of your mortgage by at least knowing where to get your hands on the information quickly.  Reread my blog post from yesterday and start saving!

I want you to stop thinking "set it and forget it" when it comes to your mortgage.  If your in a 5 year contract you should look at your mortgage whenever you are wondering if you're getting ripped off.  The thing that really kills me is most of us already do this with our cell phone contracts.  

If you want me to monitor your mortgage for you let me know.  I'll explain what information I need from you and I'll incorporate you into our process we have for our existing clients. If you think this is of value you to you send me an email. 













1 comment:

  1. Was wondering how you were going to elaborate on that title, good explanation. I have a secured LOC holding my house, for now.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are not only welcomed but encouraged. It is not expected that you will always agree with what I have to say. After all, it's an opinion.